Friday, August 27, 2010

Law school [is] for dummies.

Wowsa.. I might be the worst person to every own a blog. No one this busy should expect herslf to be able to do anything on a semi-regular basis. Oh well. Here goes another recap.

Things you should know about the last few weeks of my life:

1. Training for Grad RA was just as time consuming, draining, fun, and monumental as training for RA was in undergrad. Unfortunately, we didn't have a cool name for it like FTLWTLWTWFLW. BUT, I did learn a lot of things that I want to remember:

(a) The Midnight Society was the best thing to happen to me during training. We need to reunite. Like ASAP.
(b) My superior, Mike, is my favorite thing to ever come from NYU.
(c) I'm learning sign language! How awesome is that?
(d) "Blockbuster" aka Boom Blox is an amaaaazing Wii game.
(e) I still win everything, even without trying. Also, I really good at Policy Pictionary.
(f) I've still got it when it comes to making AWESOME BULLETIN BOARDS.
(g) I will never get sick of eating soft-serve vanilla ice cream in a sugar cone for lunch AND dinner dessert. I just wish there would have been sprinkles at the Commons.
(h) My and Jen's apartment looks amaaaazing (check out the pictures).
(i) The PRC is just as cool as the Imaginarium, but without the wonderful title.
(j) Planning bar-b-ques right after the Meet the Dean event ends at the Law School is GENIUS. Almost 150 people at our first program? Yes, please!
(k) I can finally cut tomatoes without getting the juice ALL OVER EVERYTHING EVER.
(l) Nighttime volleyball and cornhole (yeah, I said it) are both reeeeally fun.
(m) I can't wait to make our horror film. I hope I can FWIW in it. But that would turn out to be a different kind of film..
(n) Photo scavenger hunts are pretty much my forte.

2. Jen was long gone until right before classes began, which was horrible for me. But now she's back and we're living blissfully in the most beautiful 2-bedroom apartment the Grad Plex has ever seen:
3. Being on a journal is verrry time consuming. That is all.

4. I am in love with the majority of my classes. I actually get to read about things I like [but I still hate law school]. My classes: Land Use Control (with Rosenberg.. loves it), Natural Resources Law (obvi amazing), Admiraly Law ("yoooou're a crook, captain hook), and Evidence (no comment). And Legal Skills. Can't forget that weekly bundle of fun.

5. I love, love, love going to weddings. Chris's cousin, Douglas, just got married, and the wedding was so much fun! We danced the night away. AND, that morning, Nick graduated from his first summer of OCS (first in his platoon)!! I was so happy to be in Fredericksburg that weekend (even if I'm now 90% sure I have narcolepsy).

6. Jen and I were curious about the amount of fat/calories we consume on a regular basis, so we logged it one random day this week. I only ate 45 grams of fat (mostly good fat from fruits/vegetables) out of the 65 average fat consumption, and 1,400 calories out of the 2,000 average calorie diet. Not too shabby! I need to eat more protein, though. And I've been running every day, so I should make sure I get enough calories so I don't die (Chris's words).

7. I get to go to Blacksburg and Lynchburg this weekend! YAAY.. I can never have enough burgs in my life.

To make a long story short ("too late!"), everyone says that 2L year is crazy busy, and I definitely believe them. I just hope I have time for all of the things I want to do. Who am I kidding? I'll do what I want, and STILL be baller at everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment